Valentine’s Day Sewing Projects
Table of Contents
- 1. I Heart You Quilt | Then Came June and Pen + Paper Patterns
- 2. Sweet Kisses Quilt | Gigi’s Thimble
- 3. Heart Mug Rug Tutorial | Little Fabric Shop
- 4. Easy Felt Heart Garland | Sew Simple Home
- 5. DIY Valentine’s Day Sweatshirts | Polka Dot Chair
- 6. Red Heart Pillow | Cluck Cluck Sew
- 7. Valentine’s Day Bag | Cucicucicoo
- 8. Fabric Cone Tutorial | Super Mom - No Cape!
- 9. X-Stitch Hand Warmer | Wild Olive
- 10. DIY Mini Zippered Goody Bags | Jamie Costiglio
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and now is a perfect time to sew up gifts and décor to celebrate this fun holiday. Last year, we posted Modern Quilt Patterns for Valentine’s Day on our blog. We have new patterns and sewing ideas to share with you today.
10 Valentine's Days Sewing Projects for 2022
1. I Heart You Quilt | Then Came June and Pen + Paper Patterns
This conversational quilt is a fun make! The I Heart You Quilt pattern was created by two creative pattern designers – Then Came June and Pen + Paper Patterns. A few years ago, they held a quilt along event for this shared pattern and it was so much fun! This is a beginner friendly pattern that you will “LOVE” to make!
2. Sweet Kisses Quilt | Gigi’s Thimble
The Sweet Kisses Quilt is just adorable! It is also charm square friendly and designed for the beginner quilter. This delightful quilt will be adored for both it’s simplicity and beauty.
3. Heart Mug Rug Tutorial | Little Fabric Shop
Here at Little Fabric Shop, we designed the Heart Mug Rug Tutorial just for Valentine’s Day. This fabric coaster pattern is an introduction to Foundation Paper Piecing and very simple to follow. If you are interested in trying out this fun quilting technique, check-out our Foundation Paper Piecing Sewing Tutorial on the blog.
4. Easy Felt Heart Garland | Sew Simple Home
Garland really adds something special to your home décor! The Easy Felt Heart Garland tutorial is by Chelsea of Sew Simple Home. This tutorial uses a Cricut cutting machine to create the hearts. If you do not have a Cricut, just make a heart out of paper to trace the shape on the felt fabric and then cut it out by hand. Don’t you just love work arounds?!!?
5. DIY Valentine’s Day Sweatshirts | Polka Dot Chair
We love the Polka Dot Chair blog! She always has such fun and creative ideas to share. This DIY Valentine’s Day Sweatshirt is just adorable! There are even two options to choose from – “LOVE” or a “HEART” sweatshirts. This quick make will have you dressed up in the holiday spirit in no time!
6. Red Heart Pillow | Cluck Cluck Sew
Another favorite pattern designer of ours is Cluck Cluck Sew. Her patterns are easy to follow and turn out so cute! The Red Heart Pillow was created using Cluck Cluck Sew’s Making Heart Blocks in Multiple Sizes tutorial. This traditionally pieced heart is simple, yet beautiful. The solid color fabrics will stand the test of time for years to come.
7. Valentine’s Day Bag | Cucicucicoo
What a fun way for your child to collect and store Valentine Day Cards at school! This Valentine’s Day Bag was designed by Lisa of Cucicucicoo. This tutorial includes a downloadable pattern as well as step by step finishing directions.
8. Fabric Cone Tutorial | Super Mom - No Cape!
Okay, Super Mom - No Cape! is just about the best blog name out there. Susan Flemming, owner, writer, and publisher of Super Mom – No Cape! designed this fun Fabric Cone tutorial. This pattern requires just a little bit of sewing and allows you to get as fancy as you want with the trimmings. What a joyful way to share Valentine’s Day treats!
9. X-Stitch Hand Warmer | Wild Olive
We’re located in Michigan, so Valentine’s Day is usually during the coldest month of winter here. The X-Stitch Hand Warmer is a perfect gift for your loved one – or even yourself! Wild Olive designed this project. This is a hand sewing project. Slow stitching is a nice way to relax. Only a few materials are needed to create this sweet and useful gift.
10. DIY Mini Zippered Goody Bags | Jamie Costiglio
These sweet bags feature an appliqued heart right on the front. The DIY Mini Zippered Good Bag tutorial was designed by Jamie Costiglio. It is a simple bag pattern and will require you to understand how to sew zippers. If you haven’t sewn a zipper bag before, this tutorial is a great place to start!
We hope this blog inspires your sewing experience. If you make any of these projects, please tag us on Instagram @little.fabric.shop. We love seeing your work!