Christmas Tree Table Runner Tutorial
Table of Contents
- PDF Pattern Download: Christmas Tree Table Runner Tutorial
- General Pattern Information:
- Materials Needed for Sewing Project:
- Sewing Supplies Required to Complete Pattern:
- Fabric Sides:
- Cutting Information:
- STEP 1: Complete Foundation Paper Piecing Templates
- STEP 2: Assemble Tree Blocks
- STEP 3: Attach Borders
- STEP 4: Finish Table Runner
- Congratulations! You’re finished!
As we moved towards to the holiday season, it is a great time to sew home décor projects. We have created this fun table runner pattern that is perfect for Christmas or winter tables. This pattern utilizes the Foundation Paper Piecing technique. Here's a link to our tutorial on how to use this quilting method. Are you ready to et merry with our modern Christmas tree quilt block table runner pattern?
PDF Pattern Download: Christmas Tree Table Runner Tutorial
General Pattern Information:
FINISHED SIZE: H: 10.5” x L: 24.5”
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1/4” throughout pattern
DIMENSIONS: are written height x width throughout instructions.
Materials Needed for Sewing Project:
Note: For foundation paper piecing projects, fabric requirements are estimates. You may use more or less as you create your blocks.
- Print three copies of Foundation Paper Templates from the Pattern Download above.
- 1/8 yard of each tree color or scraps.
- 1/8 yard of each trunk color or scraps.
- 1 yard background, border and backing fabric.
- 1/8 yard binding fabric.
- 1/2 yard batting.
Sewing Supplies Required to Complete Pattern:
You will need an Add-a-Quarter Ruler, Scissors, Rotary Cutter, Pins, and Tweezers.
Foundation Paper Piecing Templates:
Prepare your fabrics by cutting each fabric piece approximately 1/2” to 1” larger than its matching number section.
- Top & Bottom Border: Cut 2 strips to 2” x 21.5”
- Side Borders: Cut 2 strips to 2” x 10.5”.
STEP 1: Complete Foundation Paper Piecing Templates
You will make three blocks of each tree size - 3 Small Trees, 3 Medium Trees and 3 Large Trees by utilizing the Foundation Paper Piecing Technique with the templates from the PDF download above.
STEP 2: Assemble Tree Blocks
Sew together your Tree Blocks as shown in diagram below:
STEP 3: Attach Borders
Sew the Top and Bottom Borders first. Press seams open.
Next, sew both side borders. Press seams open.
STEP 4: Finish Table Runner
Finish your table runner as you would for a quilt - a table runner is basically a mini quilt!
Congratulations! You’re finished!
We created this tutorial to be shared. Sewing is a passion for us, and we love to create projects for our sewing community. Please pass this tutorial on to your sewing friends. If there are any projects you need help with or would like to see a tutorial for, please let us know. It is a joy to work with our fellow sewists and create handmade fabric pieces.
If you make a Tree Table Runner, please tag us on Instagram @little.fabric.shop so we can see your work and we can share your creativity to inspire other makers. Happy Sewing!